The Road Awareness Course is the last step before the practical test. This 8-hour course is mandatory. It teaches you to analyse, anticipate and pay attention to the various dangers that can occur when you drive. Once the course is completed, you will be able to register for the practical test.
Dates de cours
Document necessary to register for the awareness course. Copy of page 2 of the student permit.
What is the awareness course?
The awareness or driving theory course is the third step towards obtaining your driving license. It follows the first aid and theory courses. It is a mandatory 8-hour course, taking place over 4 sessions of 2 hours each. It is the final step before the practical test. The awareness course certificate is valid for 2 years.
Who is the awareness course for?
The awareness course is for anyone wishing to obtain his/her driving license, and who holds a valid learner driving license (for car, motorcycle or scooter). Once you have completed this course, you will be able to register for the practical test.
What are the objectives of the awareness course?
The awareness course will allow you to:
- adopt the right behavior when driving
- better identify and assess dangerous situations
- react accurately and responsibly to potentially hazardous driving situations
How is the awareness course organized?
Auto-Ecole Lemanique adapts the course schedule to your availability. Indeed, we offer a variety of classes at different times to make sure we accommodate your needs.
The awareness course is a mandatory 8-hour course taking place over 4 sessions of two hours each.
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Be aware of the importance of vision, and how to use it in time to identify possible hazards
- Interpret your driving environment, including weather conditions
- Assess your vehicle’s condition, before and while driving
- Develop an eco-friendly driving
DCR, OAC, Article 18, Paragraphs 1, 4 and 5
1 Anyone wishing to obtain a driving license type A or B, or A1 or B1 will have to provide proof of having completed the driving theory course. Your attendance to this course must have taken place over the previous two years.
4 The aim of the course is to develop the future driver’s awareness of driving conditions, and his/her capacity to assess dangerous situations. He/she will learn how to react accurately and responsibly to driving situations, with due regard to others. The awareness course lasts 8 hours. It has to be supervised by a driving instructor.
5. The driving instructor is required to provide the learner with a certificate confirming that he/she has followed the awareness course.